Addressing Marine Plastics: A Roadmap to a Circular Economy
Wednesday 18th November 2020
09:00 – 10:30 AM EST/ 03:00 – 04:30 PM CET/ 05:00 – 06:30 EAT
This document provides an action-oriented strategy by identifying a core set of priority solutions to be implemented by targeted stakeholders from the whole plastics value chain. The recommendations proposed in the Roadmap aim to reduce the ecological and socioeconomic impacts from marine plastics, while transforming the linear “take–make–dispose” economy into a circular one. This roadmap can be used as a reference by funding agencies, governments and civil society organizations to define their respective action plans, and to scale up interventions on plastic pollution.
Our expert speakers include:
- Isabelle Vanderbeck, UNEP GEF Task Manager
- Feng Wang – UNEP Circular Economy on Plastics
- Ran Xie – UNEP Circular Economy on Plastics
- Sander DeFruyt, Ellen MacArthur Foundation
- Chever Voltmer, Ocean Conservancy
- Heidi Savelli, UNEP Global Partnership on Marine Litter
- Fadilah Ali, Global Partnership on Marine Litter– Caribbean Node
- Crispian Lao – Philippine National Solid Waste Commission
- Nanette Laure – Seychelles Ministry of Environment, Energy and Climate Change
- Olivia Finch, Ellen MacArthur Foundatiion, Q & A Moderator
- Liana Talaue McManus, GRID-Arendal, Host
- Leticia Carvalho, UN Environment Programme Ecosystems Division
- Elisa Tonda, UN Environment Programme Economy Division
- Leah Karrer, Global Environment Facility
Please register to attend the event.
Following registration, you will receive the details for the event. This event will be recorded and the recording shared.
Please feel free to share this invite with your networks.
Kindly contact Liana McManus should you experience any difficulties registering for the event.